Health and Wellness
As a company that is focused on creating a healthier life for all, we believe it is important to encourage our staff to live healthy lifestyles.
We encourage our employees to participate in company supported wellness programs, pursue a healthy lifestyle, and integrate fitness and good nutrition into their daily lives. Our wellness programs are managed by our Human Resources team and leverage the expertise of external consultants and service providers. Mayne Pharma has a Wellness Committee in the US and Australia, which is an employee-led, cross-functional group that develops and leads a variety of localised wellness events and programs for our global team.
The wellness programs offered in Australia and the US include:
- Managerial and leadership ‘mental health first-aid’ training for global people leaders to support employee mental health well-being
- Onsite medical clinic in Greenville offered two days per week for staff to provide workplace occupational support and also operates as a wellness clinic to promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Access to professional health assessments and medical services such as influenza and COVID-19 (US) vaccinations
- Access to pandemic leave
- Access to an external Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to provide short term free of charge professional and confidential counselling and support services for employees and their families
- Partnerships with external health funds in Australia to provide private health insurance options for employees and their families
- Resources to support healthy lifestyles and wellbeing through a mix of onsite face to face and online lectures, webinars, newsletters and other multimedia
- Corporate sponsored Fitbit. The Company has subsidised the purchase of Fitbits by employees and offered Fitbit challenges and competitive “step” contests, allowing teams and individuals to win prizes and awards
Offering our employees wellness benefits not only promotes healthy lifestyles and increases engagement, but also contributes to building a sustainably healthy community.