Research, Education and Training
Mayne Pharma continues to support and recognise researchers and young scientists. We encourage students to pursue higher education in science programs, sponsor awards, provide work placements for students and collaborate on education and research. Some of the Company’s alliances include:
Past collaboration on clinical trials to investigate the effectiveness of extended-release morphine sulphate to treat refractory dyspnea (chronic breathlessness). Program funded through National Health and Medical Research Council grant from the Australian Government along with financial contributions and in kind contributions from Mayne Pharma. Aim of the study was to improve prescribing habits and palliative care services in Australia.
University of South Australia (UniSA)
Long standing relationship with UniSA providing:
- collaboration on project work with the School of Pharmacy
- sponsorship of prizes and awards each year
- provision of work placements for students
Mayne Pharma is also involved in the UniSA Pharmaceutical Science Program Advisory Committee which advises on matters associated with the development and conduct of programs and activities within the pharmaceutical science discipline.
East Carolina University (ECU)
Long standing relationship with ECU offering:
- input into curriculum development and course design with the Chemistry Department
- financial support for teaching assistant positions in the general chemistry course
- Mayne Pharma employees serve as instructors and lab support in the GMP Chemistry course
- provide internships to students in science and engineering majors
- donations of industrial grade equipment eg. chemistry scales for use in chemistry course
Pitt Community College
The Mayne Pharma Scholars program works with local secondary schools to identify local scholars interested in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical and offer competitive scholarships underwriting their pursuit of an Associate Degree in Biotechnology. These students are provided internships, additional applied training and opportunities to work for Mayne Pharma upon graduation.