Social Media Content Policy
Our posts are informational and should not be viewed as professional or medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your physician regarding questions you may have about a medical condition. We do not create or control any user-generated communication with our posts or social media accounts and do not commit to responding to comments, posts, or direct/private messages on our accounts.
Personal Information about you or others shared on this platform will be capable of being viewed by users of the platform. Please ensure that you have permission before sharing personal information about others. If you are under the age of 18, do not share your post, comment or direct/private message without the knowledge and permission of a parent or legal guardian
When interacting with one of Mayne Pharma’s social media accounts, here are a few things you should know when visiting, commenting, posting, sending a direct/private message on or to one of our accounts:
- Mayne Pharma reserves the right to delete any posting, comment, or direct/private message at its sole discretion.
- We may link to another social media account or to other third-party content from one of our Mayne Pharma accounts. A link to or a follow of a third-party website or social media account is not an endorsement of the content, organization or any service or product offered by that third-party. Mayne Pharma only endorses our own content.
There are times when we might need to remove your post, comment or direct/private message or we are unable to respond. Below are some of the reasons why:
- While we do not endorse any users’ comments other than our own, we do have to comply with the laws and regulations that govern us and our industry. If your post, comment or direct/private message references a pharmaceutical brand from any company – positive or negative – we will need to remove it because, among other reasons, we can’t guarantee that it will represent Fair Balance.
- If your post, comment or direct/private message includes possible side effect associated with a Mayne Pharma product, we may be required to contact you for further information. You may contact us to report an adverse event related to Mayne Pharma products by calling 1-844 825 8500 (U.S. only) or 1300 739 436 (Australia only). Or if you prefer, you may contact the FDA directly: please visit fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- If you are a non-U.S. visitor, please ask your health care provider for more information or contact your local health authority.
- If you use profane language, we may remove your post, comment or direct/private message. In addition to vulgar language, we may remove posts, comments or direct/private messages that include personal attacks of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic, racial, religious, age or gender orientation groups. We may also report you to the respective social media platform for violation of its terms of service. Please treat each other with respect.
- We cannot allow unsolicited and unverified medical advice. Please consult with your physician on any medical condition.
- Sometimes posts, comments or direct/private messages are spam, are clearly off topic, make unsupported accusations or promote services or products. We do not intend to censor you, so if you feel we’ve removed your comment or post in error, please contact us and we can discuss it.
- We may need to remove your post, comment or direct/private message for a reason not listed above. If this does happen and you feel we’ve removed your post or comment in error, please contact us and we can discuss it.
Mayne Pharma reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion and without notice.