- Salisbury site acquired in 1983 by F H Faulding & Co Limited.
- Development of delayed-release Doxycycline capsules (Doryx™).
- Development of enteric coated aspirin (Astrix™).
- WF Scammell Research Centre opened at Salisbury.
- Development of taste-masking technology (Cleantaste™).
- Development of sustained-release morphine (Kadian™ / Kapanol™).
- Metrics founded as a contract testing company in Greenville, North Carolina.
- Development of improved bioavailability technology (SUBA™).
- Development of pellet-in-a-tablet technology (Doryx™).
- Development of Lozanoc™ improved formulation of itraconazole.
- Mayne Pharma acquires Metrics, Inc. - CDMO with niche generic product portfolio and pipeline.
- Mayne Pharma acquires Libertas, Inc. - US based generics business.
- Acquired Doryx™ brand and related assets in the US from Actavis.
- Mayne Pharma launches Specialty Brands Sales Team to promote Doryx™ in the US.